What is a streaming service?

It is a digital music service received by a media player at your venue.

Do I need an internet connection?

Yes, min. 1Mb

Can I use my fax or existing PDQ net connection?

You can use any net connection except for the PDQ which is secure.

Does an engineer need to visit?

No, the service is plug and play.

What happens if I need help?

We aim to make things as easy as possible and give you help when you need it. Existing customers can contact our Customer Care team on 0844 567 7001. Lines are open 9am – 7pm, Monday to Friday.

Do I need a license to play music in my shop or business premise?

If you play any type of music in your shop or business premises you will be required by law to have both a PRS (Performing Rights Society) and a PPL (Phonographic Performance Ltd) Licence.What’s the difference? PPL was established in 1934 and they grant licences for broadcasting and playing CDs in shops and business premises. The payments received from business owners then get passed on to record companies, recording artists and musicians. From 1 Jan 2011 Premises up to 600m2 (audible area) cost £113.19+VAT 50% surcharge if music has been played before without a licence.

PRS is slightly different and was established in 1914. This board collects royalties for copyright owners like composers, lyricists and music publishers. From 1 Jan 2011 premises up to 100m2 cost £140.90+VAT or £211.35+VAT for first year if a licence has not been obtained previously and music has been played.

Higher rates apply for larger premises for PPL and PRS.